As part of my “professional” resolutions, I decided to go on the hunt for five PR-related blogs to follow (and read) this year. It was incredibly tough to narrow it down to only five, but here are the ones that I’ll be following, and, if you’re a public relations/communications professional, I strongly recommend you do the same.
- SM Current. This blog is a great resource to help you stay up-to-date on all things social media.
- Content Marketing Institute. This website is jam-packed with expert insights and great advice, plus it has an active community that allows for great discussions around the latest news in the industry.
- 6 a.m. Richard Edelman’s blog is notorious of its happy-brain-making ways (yes, this is a new phrase, trademark pending…not really though). He writes a few times a month and each post is petter than the last.
- On the Fourth Floor. Rock-it Promotions have a kick-ass weekly feature called “Media, Darling” that puts journalists and editors in the hot seat about their experiences with PR peeps. Look for a new one to be posted on Thursday.
- Spin Sucks. I basically look at this blog as a one-stop shop for anything and everything PR. With guest bloggers, a wide variety of topics, and a very easy-to-use interface, this will be my go-to blog every morning.
Do you have other favourites you would put on your Top Five list? Let me know which ones you think should have made my list in the comments.
Until next time!