Let’s talk deliciousness, shall we? I recently discovered this incredible recipe for creamy spaghetti squash with ricotta and spinach that I just had to share with you. It’s from Weight Watchers, and it has changed my meals for ever!
OK, here are the ingredients that you’ll need:
- 31⁄2 pound(s) uncooked spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 clove(s), medium sized garlic clove(s), chopped
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- 15 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup(s), shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup(s) basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
Now that you have all the ingredients, it’s time to embody your inner Master Chef and cook away! Here are the instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put squash halves on microwave safe plate, cut- side down; microwave on HIGH until tender and squash can easily be scooped out with a fork, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook onion, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender, 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes start to soften, 3 minutes.
- Add spinach; cook, stirring, just until wilted, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Scoop “spaghetti” strands into skillet; toss to coat. Stir in ricotta, 1/4 c mozzarella, 2 Tbsp Parmesan, basil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a 2- to 3-qt baking dish; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake until bubbly around edges and top is lightly golden, 15-20 minutes.
And there you go! A serving is one cup, and for those who are on Weight Watchers, that’s four points of heaven. I know you’ll thank me for this later, so I’ll leave you to enjoy.