Meet The Lady Behind the Blog: Part 3
Hello, hello, hello! Welcome to the third and final installment of my Meet the Lady Behind the Blog series (you can still check out Part 1 and Part 2). So, what do I have in store for you today? We’re talking delicious recipes, some fun facts, and what I’m looking forward to in the future.
Let’s start the fun!
Yummy, Yummy, Yummy in my Tummy
I love food. Like, I REALLY love it. My favourite thing to do is go to a new restaurant and try it out, especially when it’s part of an outing into the city. However, I don’t get to do that very often. So instead, I’ve become obsessed with cookbooks and food blogs and try to create delicious meals at home. I should note that my Nonna and mom passed down my favourite Italian recipes, so I’ll be sure to make more posts in the future to share them.
So, let’s talk about some of my favourite meals to make.
- Bruscetta – I actually talked about this super easy-to-make meal on this blog! I tend to make this when I need something quick. It’s so light, fresh, and did I say yum, yum, yum?! When I was at Royal Roads Univeristy for a residency, I actually made this in dorm to the delight of some of my classmates. They loved it!
- Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken – This delicious meal comes from Budget Bytes. I should warn you, there are tons of delicious and quick meals on this site, this is just one of them. I’m a sucker for creamy, rich food, so when I read this recipe, I knew I had to make it. I typically make this about once every couple of weeks.
- Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna – This mouthwatering delight comes from Damn Delicious. I’ve made this a few times, and to be honest, I should make it more often. My husband loves it!
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Pepper Soup – The final recipe I’m going to share is one that, honestly, we’re a bit addicted to. It comes from Recipes Made Easy. Honestly, I was making this once a week last winter because it’s that good. There are lots of recipes for this type of soup out there, but I found this one to be the easiest.
Rapid Fire: 10 Quick Facts About Me
- My favourite colour is red.
- I watch Bob’s Burgers on repeat, and it’s mostly because of my love and appreciation for Linda. The show helps me fall asleep at night and it just brightens my day.
- Elephants are my favourite animal, followed by pandas.
- I collect mugs. Well, mugs by a local artisan who goes by Mei Designs. I have so many of them to the point that my husband won’t leave me alone anywhere she sells her mugs. HA, like that will stop me!
- My favourite drag queens are Bianca Del Rio, Trixie Mattel, and Katya.
- When I was younger, I used to spend my summers in Italy with my Nonna, Nonno, and extended family.
- Starbucks tends to write my name as Mattress instead of Matisse. No clue how, but yeah, that’s a thing.
- While my mother is an artist, I can’t draw. Like, I can’t even draw a stick figure properly. It’s pathetic, really.
- My favourite fast food is pizza.
- I watch and listen to a ton of true crime shows and podcasts. Oh, I read a lot of true crime books too. Last year, Peter even bought me an encyclopedia on serial killers.
So, What’s Next?
As I bring this series to a close, I can’t help but wonder what’s next. What does the future hold? Honestly, I have no clue. I will say though, I’ve rekindled my love of blogging. So this right here is definitely something that will be in my future. I want to explore more areas and topics that bring me joy and intrigue. Who knows, I may even spin this into a blog and podcast.
As for other areas of my life, I’m just focusing on being happy, fulfilled, and spending as much time with my friends and family as possible. I want to spend more time capturing moments and being mindful, and embracing the experiences around me. Sounding cliche? Maybe, but you know what, it’s all true.
So, there you have it; me in a nutshell. This series was enjoyable for me, and I hope you enjoyed getting to know the lady behind the blog.
Until next time!